- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Seafood for Thought: A Fishy Fundraiser
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
The goal of the fundraiser is to raise awareness of the importance of buying seafood from sustainable sources to ensure abundant ocean wildlife in the future. According to the Toronto Zoo’s website, nearly 75 percent of the fisheries in the world are either fully fished or over fished.
The event will be held on Thursday, June 20 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in an elegant outdoor setting with seafood prepared by top Toronto chefs including Ted Corrado, Dan Sanders, Lora Kirk, and many more. Each dish will use sustainable sources, those that can exist long-term without compromising species survival or the health of surrounding ecosystems.
There will also be a chocolate fountain and wine pairings. Of course, the evening wouldn’t be complete without wild animal encounters with giant pandas Er Shun and Du Mao.
All proceeds will go toward the Toronto Zoo’s Conservation Fund, which supports projects that protect wildlife and wild species.
For more information and to order tickets, visit the Zoo’s website.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts