Seafood Paella Recipe
Daily Value: 15%
Sugar-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||49µg||12%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||2g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- One 6-inch piece of fresh chorizo, sliced
- 2 medium sized onions, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 canned red piquillo peppers
- 1 pound (500 grams) Bomba paella rice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of saffron
- About 4 1/3 cups (1 liter) fish stock, kept hot
- About 1 pound (500 grams) monkfish fillets
- 2.2 pounds (1 kilogram) mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 16 prawns, whole, raw, and unshelled
- 2 lemons, cut in wedges for serving
Heat a large paella pan over a medium heat and then add a drop of olive oil followed by the chorizo. Leave to crisp for about 5 minutes and then follow with the onions, garlic, and piquillos and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in the rice and season with salt and pepper and add in the paprika and saffron followed by the hot fish stock and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes. Scatter the pieces of monkfish over the rice and push under the surface with the back of a spoon. Then lay the mussels and prawns over the top and simmer for about 10 minutes, covered.
Once the mussels have opened the paella is ready. Serve with lemon wedges around the pan.
Recipe DetailsServings: 12
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).