- St. Peter: Patron of Fishermen
Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Tortillas
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Mexican crema or sour cream
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Four 6-inch tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
These creamy scrambled eggs are a great recipe for a weekend breakfast with friends and family. Frying the tortillas adds a crispiness that nicely offsets the silkiness of the eggs.
Click here to see It Doesn't Get Easier Than Brunch.
Whisk together the eggs, crema, and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
Heat the butter and oil in a large heavy skillet over low heat. Add the tortillas and fry until crisp but not brown, about 8 minutes. Season lightly with salt.
Increase the heat to medium-high and add the egg mixture. Stir with a heatproof spatula until the eggs are almost set but still creamy, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.