- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
The Science of Junk Food and More News
Recipe of the day
- The Daily Dish: August 28, 2015
- Oxford Dictionaries Approved Lots of Food and Drink Words in Their Latest Update
- Hotel Chef Allegedly Refuses to Cater a Same-Sex Couple’s Wedding in Dallas
- Mind Over Meal: Getting ‘SMART’ About Weight Loss
- Can We Guess Your Personality Based on Your Fast Food Burger Choice?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Science of Junk Food: While market research helps companies figure out what other products the world needs, two magic ingredients always help: sugar and salt. [NY Times]
English Whiskey vs. Scotch: London's first distillery in more than 100 years is planning on producing single malt whiskey, experimenting with other woods to see how non-oak casks affect the flavor. [NPR]
Curtis Duffy Profile: A fascinating look at the life of the Chicago chef. [Chicago Tribune]
Revel Filing for Bankruptcy: Less than a year after their grand opening, the Atlantic City casino/restaurant haven is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. [USA Today]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts