- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Sbarro Unveils the 'Skinny Slice'
Recipe of the day
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
- Product Review: Trader Joe’s Popcorn in a Pickle
- Get Excited for the Brand-New Pumpkin Spice Latte M&M’s
Sbarro, the New York-based pizza chain with locations all over the world, has introduced their newest offering, which makes it apparent that they’re jumping on the bandwagon of fast-food joints slimming down their product line with healthy (or, more accurately, healthier) options.
The "Skinny Slice" contains only 270 calories, and comes topped with mozzarella, pecorino Romano, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and roasted red and green peppers. The crust is a bit thinner than usual, and the slice on the whole is a bit smaller than you’d expect (one of these does not a full meal make, unfortunately), but it’s certainly a step in the right direction for the chain, which is known for its high-fat offerings.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts