- We're independent! Let's cook out!
Sbarro Unveils the 'Skinny Slice'
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Skittles
- Things You Didn't Know About Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
- What Is Cheetos Cheese Dust? And 8 Other Junk Food Mysteries Solved
- Ben & Jerry’s Renames Cookie Dough Ice Cream ‘I Dough, I Dough’ to Celebrate Marriage Equality Decision
Sbarro, the New York-based pizza chain with locations all over the world, has introduced their newest offering, which makes it apparent that they’re jumping on the bandwagon of fast-food joints slimming down their product line with healthy (or, more accurately, healthier) options.
The "Skinny Slice" contains only 270 calories, and comes topped with mozzarella, pecorino Romano, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and roasted red and green peppers. The crust is a bit thinner than usual, and the slice on the whole is a bit smaller than you’d expect (one of these does not a full meal make, unfortunately), but it’s certainly a step in the right direction for the chain, which is known for its high-fat offerings.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts