Sbarro Unveils the 'Skinny Slice'
Recipe of the day
- Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Frosting Returns After Passionate Fan Petition
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
- New Magical Millennial Tic Tacs Change Flavor in Your Mouth
Sbarro, the New York-based pizza chain with locations all over the world, has introduced their newest offering, which makes it apparent that they’re jumping on the bandwagon of fast-food joints slimming down their product line with healthy (or, more accurately, healthier) options.
The "Skinny Slice" contains only 270 calories, and comes topped with mozzarella, pecorino Romano, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and roasted red and green peppers. The crust is a bit thinner than usual, and the slice on the whole is a bit smaller than you’d expect (one of these does not a full meal make, unfortunately), but it’s certainly a step in the right direction for the chain, which is known for its high-fat offerings.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts