Sbarro Unveils the 'Skinny Slice'
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
Sbarro, the New York-based pizza chain with locations all over the world, has introduced their newest offering, which makes it apparent that they’re jumping on the bandwagon of fast-food joints slimming down their product line with healthy (or, more accurately, healthier) options.
The "Skinny Slice" contains only 270 calories, and comes topped with mozzarella, pecorino Romano, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and roasted red and green peppers. The crust is a bit thinner than usual, and the slice on the whole is a bit smaller than you’d expect (one of these does not a full meal make, unfortunately), but it’s certainly a step in the right direction for the chain, which is known for its high-fat offerings.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts