Say Hello to Anne Hathaway’s Vegan Boots
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
OK, this never happens — and I mean never — but I made a fashion faux pas. I was convinced the "bondage boots" that Anne Hathaway wore to the Les Miserables premiere that have the Internet abuzz this afternoon were for sure vintage Balenciaga.
Boy, was I wrong. Behold the vegan boot, made custom for the actress by Tom Ford. The designer created the seriously intricate and show-stopping look from faux leather to accommodate Hathaway's vegan lifestyle.
This isn’t Hathaway’s first food-related moment in relation to the much-anticipated film. She has stunned on the red carpet, due in large part of course to her svelte look after dropping 30 pounds for the role, and she claimed she didn’t eat for nearly the entire length of production. Oh yeah, and she chopped all her hair off on top of it all.
Talk about dedication to a role — she better get the Oscar.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts