- Moldy Cheese Day
San Marzano Ketchup
- One 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes, with juice
- 1/2 Cup white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon salt
Add a bit of sophistication to your next summer barbecue with this homemade ketchup from San Marzano tomatoes.
In a pot combine all of the ingredients and cook on medium heat, stirring with and mashing with a whisk as you go, until all tomatoes are broken down and desired consistency is obtained, about 15 minutes. For a smoother finish push ketchup through a china cap or fine mesh strainer. Refrigerate to cool before serving.