- California Wine Month begins
San Diego Sausage Fest
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
This Wednesday, June 19th,marks the second annual meat competition in downtown San Diego’s Hotel Solamar.
In an attempt to find the Sausage King of San Diego, Sausage Fest has a cook-off where chefs make their signature recipes and present them to the public.
The line-up this year includes local San Diego establishments such as The Linkery, Carnitas’ Snack Shack, Europa Sausage, and the host of the event, JSix. Last year’s Sausage King Casey Chapman of the Coronado Brewing Co. will return for another year along with Port Brewing.
Participants can wash it down with the signature beer for the event is “The Road to Helles Brew,” served by California’s own Lost Abbey brewing company, while listening to live entertainment provided by San Diego rock and soul band the Tighten Ups.
According to The Examiner, chefs grilled over 600 pounds of high quality sausage last year, with this year’s event hoping to achieve similar success.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts