San Diego Sausage Fest
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- In New York City, You Can Eat Garbage in a Pavilion Made of Garbage
- Where to Eat Soup Dumplings in Boston
- The Best Small Production Vineyards in Paso Robles, Calif.: Artisan
- Eating off the Beaten Path in Harlem With Chef Marcus Samuelsson
- Commercial Styrofoam Products Banned From New York City as of July 1
This Wednesday, June 19th,marks the second annual meat competition in downtown San Diego’s Hotel Solamar.
In an attempt to find the Sausage King of San Diego, Sausage Fest has a cook-off where chefs make their signature recipes and present them to the public.
The line-up this year includes local San Diego establishments such as The Linkery, Carnitas’ Snack Shack, Europa Sausage, and the host of the event, JSix. Last year’s Sausage King Casey Chapman of the Coronado Brewing Co. will return for another year along with Port Brewing.
Participants can wash it down with the signature beer for the event is “The Road to Helles Brew,” served by California’s own Lost Abbey brewing company, while listening to live entertainment provided by San Diego rock and soul band the Tighten Ups.
According to The Examiner, chefs grilled over 600 pounds of high quality sausage last year, with this year’s event hoping to achieve similar success.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts