San Diego Sausage Fest
Recipe of the day
- What’s Happening in Washington, DC: Anniversary Galas, Whisky Parties, and Purim Celebrations
- Sandwich of the Week: Centro Ristorante’s Rosebud Meatball Sandwich in Chicago
- Washington, DC New Menu Report: Week of 03/02/15
- What’s Happening: Los Angeles Food News in March 2015
- Il Posto Voted the Best Italian Restaurant in Denver
This Wednesday, June 19th,marks the second annual meat competition in downtown San Diego’s Hotel Solamar.
In an attempt to find the Sausage King of San Diego, Sausage Fest has a cook-off where chefs make their signature recipes and present them to the public.
The line-up this year includes local San Diego establishments such as The Linkery, Carnitas’ Snack Shack, Europa Sausage, and the host of the event, JSix. Last year’s Sausage King Casey Chapman of the Coronado Brewing Co. will return for another year along with Port Brewing.
Participants can wash it down with the signature beer for the event is “The Road to Helles Brew,” served by California’s own Lost Abbey brewing company, while listening to live entertainment provided by San Diego rock and soul band the Tighten Ups.
According to The Examiner, chefs grilled over 600 pounds of high quality sausage last year, with this year’s event hoping to achieve similar success.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts