- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival Returns
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
The ninth annual San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival, which celebrates San Diego’s food and drink scene, returns Nov. 14 to 18.
The festival brings together winemakers, gourmet food producers, San Diego’s top chefs, authors, and celebrity guest chefs for a five-day festival of cooking classes, wine-tasting seminars, and dinners with wine-pairings.
Highlights include the 8 Decades of Barolo & Italian Luncheon, where guests sip barolo wines from the past eight decades selected by Giancarlo Paterlini and dine on a multi-course dinner by Suzette Gresham, executive chef and co-owner of Michelin-starred Acquerello in San Francisco. Tickets for this event are $550.
Chef Billy Strynkowski of Cooking Light magazine is leading Flavors of the Mediterranean, an interactive cooking class. Guests will cook Mediterranean classics such as mushroom and Parmigiano bruschetta, and spicy Basque-style chicken. Tickets for the culinary class are $65.
Tayler Stein is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @TaylerSteinTDM.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts