Salted Caramel-Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, such as Pillsbury, softened as directed on the box
- One 14-ounce bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Spanish peanuts, plus ¼ cup for topping
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 Cup peanut butter
- 1 Cup miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped, chopped
- 1 bar milk chocolate candy, melted
- 1/4 Teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 'Cheat' Coq Au Vin
- Spinach-Filled Crepes with Smoked Salmon Sauce
- Carrot Waffles with Mascarpone Cream and Roasted Pineapple
- Easy Breakfast Egg Casserole
- Apple Quinoa Bake
- Mini Tomato Tarts
- Rustic Tart of Wild Greens, Ricotta and Pancetta
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Salad with Balsamic Maple Vinaigrette
- Easy Vegetable Frittata
Christie Burns’ Salted Caramel-Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pie stole the show at the Arkansas State Fair's Pillsbury Pie Crust Pie Baking Championship. This dessert artfully blends the sweet, creamy taste of peanut butter with the savory flavor of salted caramel, and it melts in your mouth. Plus, it’s easy to make!
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Bake the pie crust as directed on box to make a 1 crust baked pie shell, using 10-inch glass pie plate. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave the caramels and milk uncovered on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and stir until smooth. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the melted caramel. Stir 1 1/2 cups peanuts into remaining caramel. Pour the caramel mixture into the baked pie crust.
Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir the condensed milk, egg, and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the chopped peanut butter cups. Pour in the crust over the caramel mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Drizzle the melted candy bar and reserved caramel over top of pie. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup peanuts. Lightly sprinkle kosher salt. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Calories per serving:696 calories
Dietary restrictions:Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.