Salad of the Week: Fresh Greens with Classic French Bistro Dressing Recipe
Daily Value: 12%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||855µg||214%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||10g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||3g||0%|
Pairs Well With
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Tangy, light and refreshing, this vinaigrette is served over simple greens at most cafés in Paris. You can adjust the amount of mustard and vinegar to your liking, but this is the ratio that I enjoy the most. Also, feel free to add freshly chopped herbs like chives or parsley to the dressing if available to you.
While this recipe only has tomatoes and lettuce in the salad, the dressing works wonderfully with avocado, hearts of palm or chickpeas.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, preferably Maille
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small head of lettuce, preferably green or red leaf, washed and roughly torn
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, oil, and vinegar together. Season with salt and pepper to taste, adding any fresh herbs here if desired. Place the lettuce and tomatoes in a serving bowl and toss with the dressing, being careful not to bruise the lettuce.