- Moldy Cheese Day
Ryan Gosling and Zooey Deschanel Say 'I'm Hatin' It' to McDonald's
Recipe of the day
- Chef José Andrés Is Turning the Tables on Donald Trump, Sues Him for $8 Million
- Paul Prudhomme, Beloved New Orleans Celebrity Chef, Has Died at 75
- James Beard Foundation’s Taste America Climbs to the Top of the Space Needle in Seattle
- Chef José Andrés: Donald Trump Is a ‘Clever Maniac’
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to Follow Australian Chef Adam Liaw on Social Media
Last month, McDonald's dropped their egg supplier, Sparboe Farms, when it became known that the farm was mistreating their animals. Now, a couple of celebs want Mickey D's to step up their game even more.
In a letter from Mercy for Animals, the celebrities request that McDonald's commits to buying eggs from cage-free suppliers. "As the largest egg buyer in the entire country, McDonald's has the power — and the moral responsibility — to ensure that the eggs in its Egg McMuffins don't come from rotten egg suppliers," they write.
Alongside Ryan Gosling and Zooey Deschanel, Emily Deschanel, Wendie Malick, Alicia Silverstone, Maria Menounos, Kristin Bauer, Steve-O, Bryan Adams, and Ed Begley, Jr. also signed the letter. The tagline? "I'm Hatin' It." Now all we need is a Tumblr meme.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts