- Ice Cream Month begins
- Blueberry Month begins
Rufus Wainwright Sings About Your Favorite Gum
Funny or Die
Funny or Die
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- What Is Cheetos Cheese Dust? And 8 Other Junk Food Mysteries Solved
- Ben & Jerry’s Renames Cookie Dough Ice Cream ‘I Dough, I Dough’ to Celebrate Marriage Equality Decision
- Judge’s Ruling May Kill Sysco-US Food Merger
- Would You Bathe with Beer? One Brand Hopes You Will
- Crazy Facts About Your 9 Favorite Candy Brands
Rufus Wainwright's latest album may have shown his pop side once again, but the velvet-voiced singer/songwriter comes back with an album entirely about chewing gum. Kind of.
For Funny or Die, Wainwright has created one minute-long ditties about his favorite chewing gums — Big Red, Doublemint, Extra, Juicy Fruit, and Wrigley's. Sample lyrics: "Juicy Fruit/ It's gonna move ya/ Juice so soft/ It gets right through ya."
Doublemint features a duet (with two Rufus Wainwrights): "Double pleasure is waiting for you/ Double pleasure from Doublemint gum/ Double great feeling making you realize/ Doublemint's the one for you."
And for the classic Wainwright piano ballad? "So kiss a little longer/ Stay close a ltitle longer/ Hold tight a little longer/ Longer with Big Red." Wainwright doing a love song in honor of cinnamon-tasting Big Red gum? It's by far The Daily Meal's favorite.
Download the five-song album here, and check out his promo video below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts