- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Rufus Wainwright Sings About Your Favorite Gum
Funny or Die
Funny or Die
Recipe of the day
- StarKist Found Guilty of Underfilling Tuna Cans, Must Reimburse Customers in Free Tuna
- Salmonella Identified in Chocolate Bars Distributed to at Least 20 Countries
- Oscar Mayer Recalls More Than 2 Million Pounds of Turkey Bacon
- Trader Joe’s Recalls Dark Chocolate-Covered Graham Crackers Because of Unlisted Milk Ingredient
- Just Mayo, the Vegan Mayo Company, Is in Trouble with the FDA
Rufus Wainwright's latest album may have shown his pop side once again, but the velvet-voiced singer/songwriter comes back with an album entirely about chewing gum. Kind of.
For Funny or Die, Wainwright has created one minute-long ditties about his favorite chewing gums — Big Red, Doublemint, Extra, Juicy Fruit, and Wrigley's. Sample lyrics: "Juicy Fruit/ It's gonna move ya/ Juice so soft/ It gets right through ya."
Doublemint features a duet (with two Rufus Wainwrights): "Double pleasure is waiting for you/ Double pleasure from Doublemint gum/ Double great feeling making you realize/ Doublemint's the one for you."
And for the classic Wainwright piano ballad? "So kiss a little longer/ Stay close a ltitle longer/ Hold tight a little longer/ Longer with Big Red." Wainwright doing a love song in honor of cinnamon-tasting Big Red gum? It's by far The Daily Meal's favorite.
Download the five-song album here, and check out his promo video below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts