Rufus Wainwright Sings About Your Favorite Gum
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
Rufus Wainwright's latest album may have shown his pop side once again, but the velvet-voiced singer/songwriter comes back with an album entirely about chewing gum. Kind of.
For Funny or Die, Wainwright has created one minute-long ditties about his favorite chewing gums — Big Red, Doublemint, Extra, Juicy Fruit, and Wrigley's. Sample lyrics: "Juicy Fruit/ It's gonna move ya/ Juice so soft/ It gets right through ya."
Doublemint features a duet (with two Rufus Wainwrights): "Double pleasure is waiting for you/ Double pleasure from Doublemint gum/ Double great feeling making you realize/ Doublemint's the one for you."
And for the classic Wainwright piano ballad? "So kiss a little longer/ Stay close a ltitle longer/ Hold tight a little longer/ Longer with Big Red." Wainwright doing a love song in honor of cinnamon-tasting Big Red gum? It's by far The Daily Meal's favorite.
Download the five-song album here, and check out his promo video below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts