- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Royal Icing Recipe
- 3 ¾ cups confectioner’s sugar (from one 1-pound box)
- 5 tablespoons egg white powder
- 1/3-2/3 cups water, as needed
- Food coloring, as desired
Combine the confectioner’s sugar with the egg white powder. Add the water until the desired consistency of icing is created; for piping, you want something stiffer, while for spreading, you want something more liquid that will naturally smooth itself out. Avoid whipping the icing, as it will become prone to drying out quickly.
Separate the icing into small bowls and color each as desired.