Rosemary Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts*, stems trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 sprig of rosemary, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- Pinch of red chile flakes (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
This easy and tasty recipe will convert any Brussels sprouts disbelievers. Steaming cuts down on the total cooking time (and gets rid of some of the stinky smell), while pan-roasting them in a rosemary-infused olive oil gives them a crispy exterior and tons of flavor.
Heat a pot of water until boiling or use a microwave to steam. When the water is ready, use a steaming basket to steam the Brussels sprouts until just tender.
Then heat the oil in a large pan with the rosemary, over medium-high heat. When hot, add the Brussels sprouts and season, moving them around with a wooden spoon to incorporate them with the rosemary-infused olive oil. Lower the heat to medium, and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until they've reached desired level of tenderness. (I like mine a little soft inside with a slightly firm exterior). Season again as needed and serve.
Calories per serving:164 calories
Dietary restrictions:Balanced, High Fiber, Low Sodium Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added