- First Thanksgiving Day Decreed (1789)
Romantic Rendezvous: 5 Romantic Destinations
Recipe of the day
- The Waffle House Museum Will Make You Book a Flight to Georgia Immediately
- Dubai’s Qbara Sets the Pace for Modern Arabian Cuisine
- The 8 Best All-You-Can-Eat Cruise Ship Buffets
- Morimoto Opens New Family-Friendly Restaurant in Disney World This Week
- Girl Eat World: Meet the Woman Who Travels the World Eating Unique Foods in Every Country She Visits
While many hotels and destinations claim to be romantic, many are just expensive rooms or dining rooms with a view. Joanna Brinjak, of airfare shopping engine CheapAir.com, has compiled five romantic getaways that offer beauty, great food, and an environment conducive to forming personal connections.
From the verdant rolling hills of Santa Barbara’s wine country to enjoying seafood by candlelight in Herradura, Costa Rica, these trips are sure to inspire romance.
Don’t have a special someone to take on vacation? Grab your bros and book a Bromance Vacation or your best friends for a Girlfriends Getaway. Or, if you are set on finding true love on the road, there is a dating website for that: MissTravel.com, where "beautiful people travel free." Once you’ve found your match, consider packing your bags for one of these romantic getaways. Joanna Brinjak shares in her own words five romantic getaways.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts