Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe
Daily Value: 6%
Low-Fat-Abs, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||75µg||19%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||0g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, preferably freshly ground
- Juice of 1 orange (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup chicken or turkey stock
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 16 ounces baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 medium-sized parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium-sized purple top turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6-8 dried apricots, diced
- 3-4 pieces crystalized ginger, diced finely
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, for garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium-sized saucepan combine the cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg, orange juice, stock, honey, and salt and bring to a simmer, or heat until the honey is well distributed within the liquid. Place all of the remaining ingredients except for the zest in a large roasting pan and add the liquid mixture, tossing to coat evenly. Cover tightly with a snugly fitting lid or aluminum foil. (This will allow the vegetables to steam and par cook.)
Roast for 25 minutes covered. Remove the cover, and gently toss the vegetables to recoat in liquid. Roast until the vegetables are nicely glazed and lightly browned, about 20 more minutes. Garnish with the orange zest. Serve warm.
Special Designations: Gluten-free, Healthy
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).