Roasted Butternut Squash with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Daily Value: 26%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||90µg||23%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||22g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||6g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- One 2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 gallon water
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and cut into 1-inch-thick pieces
- 1 medium-sized white onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled, toasted pumpkin seeds
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium-sized bowl, toss the butternut squash with the salt, cloves, nutmeg, and ¼ cup of the olive oil.
Place the butternut squash on a 9-by-8-inch baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature.
Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil in a large pot and prepare an ice bath. Poach the kale for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to the ice bath, drain, and set aside. Heat the remaining olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion for about 5 minutes and add the cranberries. Sauté for 2 minutes and add the pumpkin seeds; cook for 1 minute.
Transfer everything to a bowl, mix well, and serve.
Recipe DetailsServings: 4
Special Designations: Vegan, Vegetarian, Kid-friendly