Ritz-Carlton Experiments with Camel Milk Mixology
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
There have been a lot of dairy trends over the years: soy milk, almond milk, and coconut milk, and now we can add one more to the mix.
The Ritz-Carlton in Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal has hired a drink-making specialist, otherwise known as mixologist, to experiment with different kinds of beverages made using camel milk, Skift is reporting.
The hotel, which was recently opened, hired Mohammad Daoud to make the creations that will include strawberry and mint camel milk shakes.
The decision to hire Daoud comes after a recent trend in the United Arab Emirates in camel milk based food, with camel milk ice cream for sale in May and a camel milk chocolate factory expected to open some time this year.
According to The National, the health benefits of camel milk outweigh those of cow’s milk, in that it is higher in vitamin C and in unsaturated fatty acids as well as providing increased immune system support.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts