- Alton Brown born (1962)
Restaurant Comps Pregnant Woman's Meal and More News
Recipe of the day
- Could Emojis Be Used to Communicate Food Allergies?
- Did You Know That These 10 Small Food Companies Had Been Gobbled Up by Big Business?
- The Truth About Tuna: Sailing to the Front Line of Pacific Tuna Fisheries
- Skipping Breakfast Puts Diabetics at Risk, New Study Says
- What Is It Like to Be Allergic to All Food? 1 Unlucky Teen Offers a Glimpse Into His Life
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Nicest Receipt Ever: Taking a break from awful, racially insensitive receipts, here's a nice story about a restaurant manager who comped a pregnant woman's meal, with the name "MOM 2 BEE GOOD LUC." Faith in humanity: restored. [SF Gate]
Dinner Party Chef Murders Girlfriend: On the other hand, here is an awful story about a man who admitted to stabbing his girlfriend after she told him she wouldn't be attending his dinner party. [Huff Po]
McDonald's Hitting Italy: The fast-food chain is opening 100 new stores in the country, and hiring 3,000 people. [Chicago Tribune]
Food Games, Junk Food Link: Researchers found that kids who play video games involving food (candy factories, decorating cakes, fruit picking, or whatever) might eat more junk food. [NPR]
French Miffed at Obama's "Champagne": The French wine lobby is annoyed that the champagne served at Obama's inauguration is not from Champagne, but California. [Grub Street]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts