- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Restaurant Comps Pregnant Woman's Meal and More News
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Nicest Receipt Ever: Taking a break from awful, racially insensitive receipts, here's a nice story about a restaurant manager who comped a pregnant woman's meal, with the name "MOM 2 BEE GOOD LUC." Faith in humanity: restored. [SF Gate]
Dinner Party Chef Murders Girlfriend: On the other hand, here is an awful story about a man who admitted to stabbing his girlfriend after she told him she wouldn't be attending his dinner party. [Huff Po]
McDonald's Hitting Italy: The fast-food chain is opening 100 new stores in the country, and hiring 3,000 people. [Chicago Tribune]
Food Games, Junk Food Link: Researchers found that kids who play video games involving food (candy factories, decorating cakes, fruit picking, or whatever) might eat more junk food. [NPR]
French Miffed at Obama's "Champagne": The French wine lobby is annoyed that the champagne served at Obama's inauguration is not from Champagne, but California. [Grub Street]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts