Republicans Love Olive Garden's 'Quality Ethnic Food' and More News
Recipe of the day
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Wawa
- Mind Over Meal: Are Comfort Foods Really Comforting?
- Study Says 61 Percent of Our Grocery Purchases Are Highly Processed Foods
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
PETA Threatens Pop-Up: "This is not a pop-up," a pop up in Los Angeles, hinted that they might have foie gras. PETA responded accordingly. [LAist]
Weight Watchers' Low Pay: Weight Watchers leaders might love the program, but they're still getting paid minimum wage while celeb spokespeople are making bank. [NY Times]
What to Do with SodaStream: Make sparkling wine, carbonated cocktails, and maybe carbonated egg cream (once Booker and Dax figures that out). [NY Times]
International Association of Culinary Professionals Finalists: The IACP has announced their list of food writing finalists for 2013. [IACP]
Political Food Preferences: According to a new poll, Democrats prefer bagels and croissants, and Republicans go for donuts. Democrats like KFC, Republicans like Chick-fil-A. And while Republicans found Olive Garden to be a "quality source of ethnic food," Democrats just barely disagreed. [Gawker]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts