Reno Becomes Foie Gras Haven and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Reno: Foie Gras Capital? Thanks to the foie gras ban, many foie gras purveyors have moved to Reno, Nev., meaning restaurants there are serving it more frequently. [Reno Gazette-Journal]
California Home Food: On the bright side for Californians, the California Homemade Food Act allows "cottage food operations," which allows people to make food at home and sell it at grocery stores. It's what Brooklyn artisans have been hoping for. [BusinessWeek]
Sweeter French Wines: Recent years' rising temperatures makes for higher alcohol and fruitier wines, some of which can be described as "cloying." [CNBC]
Maid-Run McDonald's: A one-night stunt at a Taiwanese McDonald's consisted of a staff of maids, who referred to customers as "master." We feel gross. [FoodBeast]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts