Refresh Your 4th of July with Non-Alcoholic Drinks
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- General Mills, Pure Life Iced Tea, ConAgra, and More Pull Advertising From '19 Kids and Counting’
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
Declare your independence from sugary sodas and make your own fizzy concoctions using bottled seltzer or your own soda water machine. Turn sparkling water into delicious spritzy drinks with just the addition of a few simple, healthy ingredients, including fruit and fruit juice, to give your drinks just a touch of natural sweetness.
Strawberry Lemon Spritzer:
Place one cup of hulled strawberries to the bottom of a pitcher. Muddle the strawberries with a wooden spoon or a whisk until they are mostly mashed. Top with sparkling water and add one lemon, sliced into wheels, as garnish. Pour into ice-filled glasses and enjoy!
Sparkling Pineapple Green Tea:
Brew about two cups of very strong green tea and cool to room temperature. Add the tea and a cup of pineapple juice to a pitcher and stir to combine. Add enough sparkling water to fill the pitcher. Serve in ice-filled glasses with wedges of fresh pineapple as garnish.
Cranberry Lime Fizz:
Fill a glass of ice with sparkling water and add a splash of unsweetened cranberry juice. Add a squeeze of fresh lime or, for a more decadent treat, add a scoop of lime sorbet for a cool summer treat.
Blueberry Pomegranate Chiller:
Fill a glass two-thirds of the way with sparkling water. Add a splash of pomegranate juice to the water and garnish with a handful of frozen blueberries instead of ice cubes. The blueberries will chill your drink and add flavor, too!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts