This delicious and sophisticated take on bacon-wrapped scallops is sure to impress guests at your next BBQ!
Serve as an appetizer or place on top of pasta for a tasty entree.
For more information on the OptiGrill visit: http://optigrill.t-falusa.com/
• The scallops make an elegant starter. Or, for an entrée, toss some of the pesto with hot cooked
pasta and top with cooked scallops.
• Extra pesto can be stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Use the pesto as
a condiment for grilled chicken, sausages or as a sandwich spread.
1. Combine the basil, pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse
until finely chopped. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil until well combined; set
2. Pat each scallop dry with a paper towel. Cut each slice of prosciutto into 4 long strips. Wrap
a strip of prosciutto around each scallop and secure with a toothpick.
3. Turn the OptiGrill on. Select the "fish" program and press "ok". Once the purple indicator light has
stopped flashing, place the scallops on the grill and close the lid.
4. Cook until the indicator light has changed to orange. Top each scallop with a dollop of pesto
and a few additional pine nuts.