- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Slightly North of Broad's Carolina Crab Cake Recipe
Slightly North of Broad
- 1 Pound jumbo lump crab, picked of shells
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 Cup cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- Panko bread crumbs, as needed
- 1/4 Cup chopped parsley
This crab cake recipe from the low country bistro Slightly North of Broad in Charleston, SC is perfect served with summer corn, okra, and tomatoes, or even by itself on a salad or as a sandwich.
Mix the beaten egg with cream and spices. Pour over the picked crab and toss lightly.
Add the panko and parsley and toss lightly with your hands. Let the crab cake batter sit, covered and refrigerated, until the panko swells, about one hour. Form into 3 ounce crab cakes.