- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
- 2 1/4 slices pancetta, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- One 15-ounce can puréed pumpkin
- 8 Ounces coconut milk, or heavy cream if you'd prefer
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Cups cooked penne pasta
- 2 Tablespoons chopped sage, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Many may have thought of adding the seasonal ingredient pumpkin to a pasta dish, but few have seen it done like this before. Creamy puréed pumpkin is whisked together with coconut milk and egg yolks to yield a sweet and bold flavor that makes this a classic fall dish to serve.
Place a large sauté pan over medium to medium-high heat and cook the pancetta, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and the fat has been rendered, about 5 minutes. While the pancetta is rendering, whisk together the pumpkin purée, coconut milk, egg yolks, and Parmesan cheese. Remove the pancetta from the pan and place onto a plate lined with a paper towel. Add the garlic and shallots to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and pancetta back to the pan and toss or stir well to mix thoroughly. Add the pumpkin mixture to the pan, stir well, and season with salt and pepper. Heat through and serve.
For more of Matt's recipes and tips on how to better stock your pantry, download his app Matt's Pantry.