- One 10-inch, all-natural, sprouted grain tortilla or other 8-inch, all-natural, low-fat, whole-grain tortilla
- 1 Tablespoon all-natural, light, herbed cheese spread
- 3 Ounces nitrate-free, low-sodium, lean roast beef, sliced very thinly
- Wedge of cucumber the length of the tortilla
- 3 chives, cut into 7-inch-long pieces
I call this version of a roast beef sandwich an RBC Roll because when you cut it into small pieces, it resembles a sushi roll — which makes it a great option for lunch, snacking, or serving as an hors d’oeuvre. The cucumber is intended to resemble a wedge of cucumber you’d see in a sushi roll. To cut it, just trim the ends, then cut it in half lengthwise. Cut those halves in half again. If the cucumber was thick, halve them one more time. Reserve any leftovers for munching or for another recipe.
See all cucumber recipes.
Place the tortilla on a cutting board. Spread the cheese spread evenly over it. Cover 2/3 of the cheese with the roast beef. Place the cucumber and chives together on the edge with the meat, opposite the cheese-only portion.
Roll the tortilla tightly, starting by wrapping it around the cucumber and chives until you reach the other side. Serve immediately or store it in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to eat.