- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
Ray’s Supersweet Rib Rub
- 1/2 Cup Sugar in the Raw
- 1/2 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 Teaspoons black pepper
- 2 Teaspoons onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon dried grated orange peel
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground chipotle or cayenne
This rub is extra-sweet and goes really well with ribs and other cuts of pork. It is a good choice if you like to serve your ribs dry. The sweetness will have the guests thinking you used barbecue sauce. This one isn’t recommended for hot grilling because all that sugar makes it burn pretty easily. I like to mix it in the food processor for a finer grind, but if you like it coarse just mix it in a bowl.
Click here for the Barbecue Championship Ribs recipe.
Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor with a metal blade. Process for 5 seconds, until the lumps are gone. The rub may be stored in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 6 months.