- We're independent! Let's cook out!
Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- 2 artichokes, stems removed
- 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 Meyer lemon
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
- Avocado Tabbouleh Appetizer
Artichokes are great any way you eat them — shaved when raw with a heavy dose of olive oil and cheese, steamed with the tender leaves dipped into a lemony-basil dressing of sorts, or grilled during the warmer months.
Peel off the outer layers of the artichokes until you reach the tender leaves. Prepare a bowl of water and then squeeze the juice of the 2 lemons in it. Cut the artichokes in half and remove any fuzzy bits in the middle, placing them immediately in the lemon water. Either slice the artichokes thinly or shave on a mandoline into a bowl.
Dress the artichokes with the remaining ingredients, adding more cheese or salt and pepper as needed.