Rat-Meat Fraud Busted in China and More News
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Rat-Meat Fraud: Reportedly, 904 people have been arrested for allegedly participating in a rat-meat fraud ring, where rat meat and other unknown meats were being sold as mutton. That horsemeat scandal looks pretty good now, doesn't it. [UPI]
Sean Brock's Husk Nashville: The Southern chef's Tennessee expansion will officially open May 20. [Eater]
Michael Symon to Detroit (Again): The chef is bringing his burger joint B Spot to Detroit, serving the Lola burger with a fried egg, bacon, pickled red onions, Cheddar, and mayo. [Crains Detroit]
Korean Southern Food: A look at Edward Lee's Korean Southern food cookbook. [NPR]
'Chef' Gets Director: That Bradley Cooper film about a chef returning after rehab now has a director: John Wells. [Deadline]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts