Quinoa-Berry Salad Recipe
Daily Value: 14%
|Folic Acid (B9)||122µg||31%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||3g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||2g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 pint blackberries, preferably organic
- 1 pint raspberries, preferably organic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 scallions, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 20 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, blackberries, raspberries, basil, mixed greens, and scallions. Gently toss to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Remove the quinoa salad from the refrigerator and drizzle with the balsamic dressing. Serve chilled with additional lemon zest.
Total time: 30 minutes
Special Designations: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Healthy
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).