1/2 Cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Teaspoons chili powder
1 Teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 Cup cooked brown rice
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed vegetarian vegetable soup
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 Cup crushed tortilla chips
Notes and substitutions:
chopped onion garlic cloves, minced olive oil chili powder ground cumin salt (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained cooked brown rice (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed vegetarian vegetable soup shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese eggs, beaten crushed tortilla chips salsa
Recipe Text Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed vegetarian vegetable soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
Recipe Text Preparation:
- 1 In a saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until tender.
- 2 Add in chili powder, cumin, and salt; stir/cook for 1 minute; remove from heat.
- 3 Stir in beans, rice, soup, 1/2 cup cheese, and eggs.
- 4 Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate.
- 5 Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes.
- 6 Top with tortilla chips and remaining cheese.
- 7 Bake about 5 minutes or until set.
- 8 Let stand 5 minutes before serving; serve with salsa.