We all love seafood at our house, especially scallops. I hope you enjoy this very special dish...these are my favourite seafood kebabs.
12 large shrimp
20 large sea scallops
1 green pepper
1 large Spanish onion
16 medium mushrooms, whole
4 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 Cup lemon juice (to taste)
1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
1/4 Teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
3/4 Cups olive oil
1/4 lb butter, melted
4 Tablespoons honey, clover or orange liquid honey
Notes and substitutions:
large shrimp large sea scallops green pepper large Spanish onion medium mushrooms, whole fresh ginger, minced garlic cloves, minced lemon juice (to taste) sea salt black pepper, freshly ground olive oil butter, melted honey, clover or orange liquid honey
Recipe Text Ingredients:
- 12 large shrimp
- 20 large sea scallops
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 16 medium mushrooms, whole
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 lb butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey, clover or orange liquid honey
Recipe Text Preparation:
- 1 Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- 2 Pour 1/3 of marinade into bowl with seafood and chill in fridge for 2 hours.
- 3 Marinate the vegetables in 1/4 of the reserved marinade for about 30 minutes.
- 4 Thread the seafood and vegetables alternately on skewers.
- 5 Baste the kebabs with the remaining reserved marinade frequently while grilling on bbq.
- 6 This is wonderful served with a simple noodle dish, steamed rice or a green salad.