Preview Marilyn Hagerty's Guest Judge Spot on 'Top Chef'
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Viral Olive Garden food critic Marilyn Hagerty, who is probably working on her book for Anthony Bourdain, popped up on the Top Chef radar this morning with a sneak preview of what Eater says is the first 15 minutes of the episode.
The adorable Grand Forks Herald columnist is introduced by Padma Lakshmi, as cheftestant John Tesar says in a voiceover, "I'm thinking, is she like Martha Stewart's mother or something?" (Note to Tesar: Martha Stewart is 70. She looks hella good for her age). Sheldon Simeon recalls her review discussing a "magical Italian eatery," although that's not particularly accurate.
Naturally, Hagerty's Olive Garden review and subsequent New York trip (including a dinner at Le Bernardin) are all explained, as she retells the joke of not knowing what going "viral" was when it happened to her. "It's just been a hoot, the whole thing," she said.
Her first appearance pops up around 1:56 in the first video, as she introduces the chefs' first challenge.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts