Obama Gets Pinterest, Pins a Recipe
Recipe of the day
- Doctors Call for Removal of Dr. Oz from Columbia University Faculty, Citing ‘Disdain for Science’
- An Interview with James Beard Award Finalist Spike Gjerde
- Chef Craig Lieckfelt: Detroit's Culinary Champion
- America's Most Successful Chefs of 2015
- Danny Meyer and Ina Garten Made the Time 100 Most Influential People of 2015
Looks like President Obama is getting his social media on; his 2012 campaign has launched his Pinterest page, complete with a board titled "Obama-inspired recipes."
Naturally, they started by pinning some festive cupcakes and cakes, along with a recipe for the Obama family's chili. Texans are not going to be happy: the recipe calls for kidney beans.
Politico notes that while none of the Republican presidential hopefuls have a Pinterest account, "Obama's profile... already has over 6,000 followers as of midday Wednesday."
Whether or not they'll stick with Pinterest (like they have with Tumblr) or leave it after a phase (like with Instagram), the Obama team sure knows how to keep their pinning audience happy. Not only is there a recipes section, but there's an entire board devoted to pets. Yes, that's right — all Bo, all the time.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts