Obama Gets Pinterest, Pins a Recipe
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Looks like President Obama is getting his social media on; his 2012 campaign has launched his Pinterest page, complete with a board titled "Obama-inspired recipes."
Naturally, they started by pinning some festive cupcakes and cakes, along with a recipe for the Obama family's chili. Texans are not going to be happy: the recipe calls for kidney beans.
Politico notes that while none of the Republican presidential hopefuls have a Pinterest account, "Obama's profile... already has over 6,000 followers as of midday Wednesday."
Whether or not they'll stick with Pinterest (like they have with Tumblr) or leave it after a phase (like with Instagram), the Obama team sure knows how to keep their pinning audience happy. Not only is there a recipes section, but there's an entire board devoted to pets. Yes, that's right — all Bo, all the time.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts