Popeyes Is Testing Out Breakfast
Recipe of the day
- Seattle Welcomes Canal Market: A Modern Mercantile
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
- Capital One Is Opening a Café Concept with Mobile Tellers in New York City’s Union Square
The fast-food breakfast wars are officially heating up. Hot on the heels of McDonald’s launching their egg white breakfast sandwiches and a slew of other fast-food joints upping their breakfast game, Popeyes, the Louisiana-based chain best known for their fried chicken and biscuits, has gone and countrified the meal at one of their outposts, in Mooresville, N.C., and their offerings look delicious.
According to Nation’s Restaurant News, grits; a country-fried steak biscuit; a chicken biscuit; a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit; chicken, sausage, or bacon breakfast wraps; and a Blackberry ‘n Cream Cheese Turnover are available there between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The company declined to comment, but all signs point to this being a test market to see how the initiative does, and if it performs well it could spread nationwide.
Breakfast sandwiches appear to be having their moment in the sun. Chick-fil-A recently rolled out a handful of them, and according to a new report, breakfast sandwiches have appeared on the top 500 limited-service restaurant menus 8.1 percent more frequently during the first three months of 2013. It appears as if people are finally beginning to catch on: there’s nothing better than a really good breakfast sandwich.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts