Pollo Tropical Opens New International Location
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
This is the largest of all of the chain’s locations, occupying almost 7,535 square feet in the new Sambil Shopping Center. The recently built shopping center is home to high-end retail outlets, restaurants, an aquarium, and a movie theater, which will neighbor the new restaurant.
The location will offer table service, a full bar, and an outdoor patio as well as traditional menu items such as Caribbean ribs, guava pork barbeque sandwich, and sweet plantains.
The opening is a first for owners Mary and Rafael Pichardo, who have never opened a restaurant outside Venezuela. According to Mark Mushkin, the Senior Vice President of International Development for Pollo Tropical, the Santo Domingo location is the fifth franchise opened in 2013, with Dominican Republic as the second new country they’ve expanded to this year.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts