PointsPlus Stir-Fried Chicken with Broccoli, Red Peppers, and Cashews Recipe
Daily Value: 10%
Sugar-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||48µg||12%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||3g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger root
- 3 medium-sized cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 20 roasted unsalted cashews, chopped roughly
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon of the sesame oil, ginger, and garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry until starting to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Add the remaining vegetable oil, sweet red pepper, and broccoli to the same skillet and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the chicken back to the skillet, pour in the soy sauce and cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring, about 2 more minutes. Toss with the remaining sesame oil. Top with the cashews and serve.
PointsPlus value: 64
Total time: 24 minutes
Special Designations: Healthy
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).