- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
PointsPlus Pork Cacciatore Recipe
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces lean pork tenderloin, cut into 1- to 1 ½-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 small Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium-sized onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 3/4 cups water, plus more as needed
- 1 medium-sized yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved or quartered lengthwise
- 3/4 teaspoons dried rosemary, or to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- PointsPlus Mexican Clementine and Jicama Salsa
- PointsPlus Balsamic Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad
- PointsPlus Spinach with Tomatoes and Feta
- PointsPlus Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan Cheese
- PointsPlus Super Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- PointsPlus Spicy Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- PointsPlus Quinoa and Tomato Salad
- PointsPlus Sesame-Ginger Pasta Salad
- PointsPlus Chipotle Black Beans with Orange and Lime
This is a simple, one-pot meal that’s easy on the waist and flavorful at the same time. Try this with chicken as well.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
Sprinkle the pork with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add the pork to the skillet, increase the heat to medium-high and cook, turning the pieces occasionally, until browned, about 6 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Off the heat, coat same skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add the potatoes, onion, and ½ cup of water. Cook for 1 minute, scraping the bottom of the pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add yellow pepper, mushrooms, rosemary, and the remaining salt and pepper to the skillet. Sauté over medium-high heat, until the vegetables are lightly browned, adding 1-2 tablespoons of water if needed to prevent sticking, about 7 minutes.
Stir in the marinara sauce, pork, and ¼ cup of water, and bring to a simmer. Cover the skillet, reduce the heat to medium and cook until vegetables are tender and pork is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Serve.