PointsPlus Fresh Vegetable Soup Recipe
Daily Value: 2%
Fat-Free, Low-Fat-Abs, Sugar-Conscious, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||43µg||11%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||0g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Forget the all-you-can-eat soup bars whose soups often fall on the side of being bland or oversalted, but never quite right. Make your own soup at home, and your taste buds (and wallet) will thank you. There are so many variations on this recipe. Add or leave out vegetables to suit your taste. If you like thick soups, consider puréeing this recipe in the pot with an immersion blender.
- 2 medium-sized cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium-sized carrots, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 medium-sized sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium-sized rib celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley or chives, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
Put the garlic, vegetables, thyme, and broth into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, about 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley or chives and season with salt and pepper, to taste. If using, add the lemon juice. Remove from heat and serve.
PointsPlus value: 112
Total time: 48 minutes
Special Designations: Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).