Pizza Hut to Give 'Something' Away for Free February 5
Recipe of the day
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Wendy’s
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: A Burger with a View at the Ritz-Carlton in Rancho Mirage, California
- The Poutine Tornado and 5 More Insane Epic Meal Time Creations
- The 5 Most Insanely Unhealthy Frozen Appetizers
- These Early Logos of 5 Popular Fast Food Chains Are Hilariously Awful
"Hut" is a word that’s said many times over the course of a football game, usually uttered by the quarterback one or two times before "Hike!" sets the play in motion. The folks over at Pizza Hut have apparently been searching for the best way to capitalize on this convenient crossover, and it looks like they’ve found it: If a player says "hut" during the Super Bowl (which they certainly will), the pizza giant will give away an unnamed new product between the hours of 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. two days later, on Feb. 5.
"Simply wait for that magic word to be said during the game and we’ll activate the giveaway across each one of our 6,200-plus restaurants nationwide," Kurt Kane, the chain’s CMO, said in a release.
Pizza Hut is trying to get as much mileage as possible out of the "Hut" coincidence, apparently, as their Super Bowl commercial, which features kids and friends playing football, also uses the word copiously. The name of the spot? "HUT HUT HUT."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts