Is Peter Luger Looking to Open in Midtown Manhattan?
Recipe of the day
- McDonald’s Is Actually Closing 700 Locations This Year
- A Male Version of Hooters Is Opening in Dallas, Texas
- In This Twisted World, Taco Bell Stock Is Up and Chipotle Stock Is Down
- Chipotle Rolls Out Delivery Across 67 Cities Including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago
- Smooth Jazz and Fine Dining at Spaghettini in Beverly Hills: The Perfect Pairing
Peter Luger Steak House has firmly established itself as one of, if not the, best steakhouses in the country. In business since 1887 on a quiet corner in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood, the restaurant, and its legendary porterhouse, has consistently brought in massive crowds. It would seem obvious that they’d be ripe for expansion, and we’ve heard a rumor from a credible source that they’re in fact looking to open a Manhattan location, inside the new Marriott Hotel that just opened on the corner of Broadway and 54th Street.
The fabled restaurant already has a second outpost, on Long Island, so they’re not averse to expansion. Still, when reached for comment a rep from the restaurant firmly denied the rumor: "That information is totally false," we were told. Representatives from Marriott didn’t respond to our inquiries before press time.
The 68-story high-rise hotel, which is home to both a Residence Inn and Courtyard by Marriott, contains 639 guest rooms and suites, and is the tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere. Plans do call for a restaurant on the second floor, and a prestigious location like this would be a perfect location for a restaurant as prestigious as Peter Luger.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts