Perfect Guacamole Recipe
Daily Value: 10%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||103µg||26%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||10g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||2g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
This renowned guacamole is by far one of the most famous dishes at Dos Caminos. In each of the seven Dos Caminos locations, the guacamole is prepared tableside in a lava stone molcajete according to each guest’s specifications. The spice level can be raised or lowered by adjusting the amount of chile you add.
Check out 8 Tips for Perfect Guacamole.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped white onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño or serrano chiles, seeds and membranes removed if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons cored, seeded, and finely chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
In a medium size bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon of minced chile, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together against the bottom of the bowl.
Add the avocados and gently mash them with a fork until chunky-smooth. Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chile into the mixture. Stir in tomatoes and lime juice, taste to adjust the seasonings, and serve with a basket of warm corn tortilla chips or veggie sticks, for a lighter option.
Recipe DetailsServings: 4
Total time: 20 minutes
Special Designations: Vegan, Vegetarian, Kid-friendly, Healthy