- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Perfect Game Day Margarita
- Kosher salt or coarsely ground sea salt
- 2 Ounces silver tequila
- 1 1/2 Ounce (about 1½ small limes) fresh lime juice
- 1 Ounce (about ½ of a medium orange) fresh orange juice
- 1 Teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1 lime wedge or round, for garnish
Wherever you choose to watch the game this year, this "skinny" cocktail recipe by IMUSA is sure to liven up your game day gathering. The recipe makes one serving, but everyone knows that the best drinks are served in big batches so feel free to duplicate the recipe as needed to create a large pitcher to serve to your guests. Cheers!
To prepare glass, slice off a small piece of lime and run the wet edge of the slice along half of the rim of your glass. Dip the top of the glass into a plate dusted with salt at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to coat the rim. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
Use a juicer to extract the juice of about 1 ½ small limes and ½ of an orange. Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the tequila, freshly squeezed lime and orange juice, and agave nectar. Put on the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a slice of lime.