Paula Deen and Brother Bubba Hiers Hit with Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
Lisa Jackson, who worked at Uncle Bubba's from 2005 to 2010, claims she quit because of "intolerable work conditions" because Hiers brought "inescapable pornography" to work and logged onto XXX web sites on the kitchen computer without logging off.
Hiers reportedly asked Jackson to bring pictures of herself to work, proclaimed "fat girls" shouldn't wear capri pants or skirts, and made sexual jokes about dentures and women with flat heads.
To top it all off, Jackson claims Hiers often used the "N" word, made racist jokes, and kissed Jackson on the face and spit on her.
Deen's not implicated in any of these charges, but as co-owner, she can't be too happy (especially when she fired the last allegedly philandering GM, saying she's not going " lose everything because of a piece of p*ssy.")
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts