Paula Deen and Brother Bubba Hiers Hit with Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
Recipe of the day
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
Lisa Jackson, who worked at Uncle Bubba's from 2005 to 2010, claims she quit because of "intolerable work conditions" because Hiers brought "inescapable pornography" to work and logged onto XXX web sites on the kitchen computer without logging off.
Hiers reportedly asked Jackson to bring pictures of herself to work, proclaimed "fat girls" shouldn't wear capri pants or skirts, and made sexual jokes about dentures and women with flat heads.
To top it all off, Jackson claims Hiers often used the "N" word, made racist jokes, and kissed Jackson on the face and spit on her.
Deen's not implicated in any of these charges, but as co-owner, she can't be too happy (especially when she fired the last allegedly philandering GM, saying she's not going " lose everything because of a piece of p*ssy.")
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts