- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
Paul Ryan Opens Up About Weinermobile, Obama Eats Italian
Recipe of the day
- Is This the Craziest Thing Someone Has Done for Free Food?
- This Drunk Guy Accidentally Bought More Than $500 Worth of Pizza for Strangers
- What’s It Like to Fly on Qatar Airways Business Class? Hint: It’s the Lap of Luxury
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
After Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced that he would be running with Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan this Saturday, Ryan made the rounds speaking with the nation’s major news sources.
During an interview with CNN’s State of the Union, Ryan was asked about one of his former gigs — driving the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile. It turns out that the VP candidate’s aunt worked as a secretary for Oscar Mayer (which is based in Madison, Wis.) and that’s how he got the job working as a salesperson for the company during the summers while he was in college.
Interestingly enough, this was not Ryan’s first foray into the food industry; in fact, he worked the grill at his local McDonald’s during high school.
With regards to the Obama campaign, while campaigning in Chicago this weekend, the president hosted an intimate gathering (and belated 51st birthday celebration) at his home on the South Side of the city for 75 of his top donors. He also dined with friends at Piccolo Sogno Due last Saturday evening, an Italian restaurant located in the River North neighborhood of Chicago.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts