Paul Ryan Opens Up About Weinermobile, Obama Eats Italian
Recipe of the day
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Wawa
- Mind Over Meal: Are Comfort Foods Really Comforting?
- Study Says 61 Percent of Our Grocery Purchases Are Highly Processed Foods
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
After Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced that he would be running with Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan this Saturday, Ryan made the rounds speaking with the nation’s major news sources.
During an interview with CNN’s State of the Union, Ryan was asked about one of his former gigs — driving the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile. It turns out that the VP candidate’s aunt worked as a secretary for Oscar Mayer (which is based in Madison, Wis.) and that’s how he got the job working as a salesperson for the company during the summers while he was in college.
Interestingly enough, this was not Ryan’s first foray into the food industry; in fact, he worked the grill at his local McDonald’s during high school.
With regards to the Obama campaign, while campaigning in Chicago this weekend, the president hosted an intimate gathering (and belated 51st birthday celebration) at his home on the South Side of the city for 75 of his top donors. He also dined with friends at Piccolo Sogno Due last Saturday evening, an Italian restaurant located in the River North neighborhood of Chicago.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts