- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Paul McCartney Advocates for Meatless Mondays in British Schools
Recipe of the day
- Britons Embrace Nadiya Hussain, Muslim Winner of ‘The Great British Bake Off’
- 10 Foods for Healthy Hair
- How to Host a Hot Chocolate Social
- Fox Is Cooking Up a ‘Soul Food’ Sequel with the Original Cast
- A Cartoon About Food Trucks Will Soon Be a Reality, Thanks to Margaret Cho and a Director of 'The Simpsons'
Sir Paul McCartney wants British schools to offer a vegetarian lunch option every week as a part of his meat-free Monday campaign. He believes that when children are given the option of a meat-free meal, they learn to take control over their future, their planet, and lifestyle, thus becoming more responsible about themselves and their surroundings.
Think going meatless might be difficult? Check out these simple meatless recipes from Paul McCartney’s cookbook, The Meat Free Monday Cookbook: A Full Menu for Every Monday of the Year and start saving the planet today!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts