- Alton Brown born (1962)
Paul McCartney Advocates for Meatless Mondays in British Schools
Recipe of the day
- We Now Know Why Paul Rudd Works at Baskin-Robbins in ‘Ant-Man’
- This Movie Rental Place/Pizza Store Hybrid Is Giving Us ‘90s Flashbacks
- Illinois Couple Named ‘Burger’ and ‘King’ Get Hitched at Burger King
- Watch: Anthony Bourdain Makes a Cartoon Cameo on ‘Sanjay and Craig’
- PetSmart Is Offering Free Pet-Friendly Ice Cream on Sunday, July 19
Sir Paul McCartney wants British schools to offer a vegetarian lunch option every week as a part of his meat-free Monday campaign. He believes that when children are given the option of a meat-free meal, they learn to take control over their future, their planet, and lifestyle, thus becoming more responsible about themselves and their surroundings.
Think going meatless might be difficult? Check out these simple meatless recipes from Paul McCartney’s cookbook, The Meat Free Monday Cookbook: A Full Menu for Every Monday of the Year and start saving the planet today!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts