Paul McCartney Advocates for Meatless Mondays in British Schools
Recipe of the day
- You Can Actually Send Taco Emojis Now (Sort Of)
- Food Network Adds 24 New Shows This Year, Including ‘Deep Fried America’ and ‘Bobby Flay Fit’
- Pippa Middleton Under Fire for Eating Whale Meat, Which Is Illegal in the UK
- 20 Most Influential Moms in Food
- The James Beard Awards Aren’t Coming Back to New York Any Time Soon
Sir Paul McCartney wants British schools to offer a vegetarian lunch option every week as a part of his meat-free Monday campaign. He believes that when children are given the option of a meat-free meal, they learn to take control over their future, their planet, and lifestyle, thus becoming more responsible about themselves and their surroundings.
Think going meatless might be difficult? Check out these simple meatless recipes from Paul McCartney’s cookbook, The Meat Free Monday Cookbook: A Full Menu for Every Monday of the Year and start saving the planet today!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts