- Todd English born (1960)
Paul McCartney Advocates for Meatless Mondays in British Schools
Recipe of the day
- Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Mind of a Chef’ Is Back This Fall with Gabrielle Hamilton and David Kinch
- Lollipops in Utah, Eggplants in Nevada, and More Popular Emojis Ranked by State
- These People Completely Recreated the Simpsons Kitchen in Their Own Home
- 6 Foods That Can Clean Your House
- Are These the Worst Food Tattoos Ever?
Sir Paul McCartney wants British schools to offer a vegetarian lunch option every week as a part of his meat-free Monday campaign. He believes that when children are given the option of a meat-free meal, they learn to take control over their future, their planet, and lifestyle, thus becoming more responsible about themselves and their surroundings.
Think going meatless might be difficult? Check out these simple meatless recipes from Paul McCartney’s cookbook, The Meat Free Monday Cookbook: A Full Menu for Every Monday of the Year and start saving the planet today!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts