Paul McCartney Advocates for Meatless Mondays in British Schools
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
Sir Paul McCartney wants British schools to offer a vegetarian lunch option every week as a part of his meat-free Monday campaign. He believes that when children are given the option of a meat-free meal, they learn to take control over their future, their planet, and lifestyle, thus becoming more responsible about themselves and their surroundings.
Think going meatless might be difficult? Check out these simple meatless recipes from Paul McCartney’s cookbook, The Meat Free Monday Cookbook: A Full Menu for Every Monday of the Year and start saving the planet today!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts