Patrick Dempsey Outbids Starbucks for Tully's Coffee
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks Is Introducing a S’mores Frappuccino on April 28
- All Those Single-Serve Coffee Pods Are Hurting Coffee Farmers
- America’s 50 Best Coffee Shops
- Expanded Starbucks College Plan Offers Full Tuition at Arizona State University for All Employees
- Excessive Iced Tea Habit Blamed for Man’s Kidney Failure
Looks like Hugh Jackman might have some competition on the handsome actor-owned coffee front; Patrick Dempsey has reporteldy won his bid for Tully's Coffee chain, the 47-outpost coffee chain in Washington and California.
The company, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in October, was also being bid on by Starbucks and Baristas Coffee. Dempsey, or "McDreamy," as he's known to Grey's Anatomy fans, however, swooped to the rescue, saying in a statement, "Seattle has been very good to me over my career, and I am honored to have the privilege to own Tully's and work closely with the company's employees."
Dempsey, who played Seattle hospital surgeon Dr. Derek Shepherd in Grey's Anatomy, announced his success last night via Twitter, saying, "We met the green monster, looked her in the eye, and...SHE BLINKED! We got it! Thank you Seattle!"
AP reports that the final bid for Tully's was $9,150,000; the purchase still needs to be finalized by a bankruptcy judge on Jan. 11.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts