- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Patrick Dempsey Outbids Starbucks for Tully's Coffee
Recipe of the day
- Watching Your Weight? Avoid These Drinks at Starbucks
- 10 Coffee Cocktails That Will Perk You Right Up
- Be Your Own Barista: The Secret to Making Quality Craft Coffee
- Starbucks Is Celebrating 1 Last Hurrah for Summer with 2 New Frappuccino Flavors
- Washington Redskins Coach Joe Barry Drinks 10 Cups of Coffee a Day
Looks like Hugh Jackman might have some competition on the handsome actor-owned coffee front; Patrick Dempsey has reporteldy won his bid for Tully's Coffee chain, the 47-outpost coffee chain in Washington and California.
The company, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in October, was also being bid on by Starbucks and Baristas Coffee. Dempsey, or "McDreamy," as he's known to Grey's Anatomy fans, however, swooped to the rescue, saying in a statement, "Seattle has been very good to me over my career, and I am honored to have the privilege to own Tully's and work closely with the company's employees."
Dempsey, who played Seattle hospital surgeon Dr. Derek Shepherd in Grey's Anatomy, announced his success last night via Twitter, saying, "We met the green monster, looked her in the eye, and...SHE BLINKED! We got it! Thank you Seattle!"
AP reports that the final bid for Tully's was $9,150,000; the purchase still needs to be finalized by a bankruptcy judge on Jan. 11.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts