- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Parents Support Healthy Vending Machines at Schools and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Valley Isle Excursions Provides a Luxurious, Leisurely Journey to Hana on Maui
- Is This the Craziest Thing Someone Has Done for Free Food?
- This Drunk Guy Accidentally Bought More Than $500 Worth of Pizza for Strangers
- What’s It Like to Fly on Qatar Airways Business Class? Hint: It’s the Lap of Luxury
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news around the food world.
More Support for Governmental Regulations in School Foods: Eighty percent of adults polled said they would support nutritional standards in school foods, including those in vending machines, the advocacy group Kids' Safe and Healthful Foods Project said. [FOX News]
Celebrity Chefs Make TIME's '100 Most Influential List': René Redzepi and José Andrés made the cut this year, the only two "foodies" to make the list. [LA Times]
Mayors Tackle Healthy Eating: Mayors from Baltimore, Indianapolis, Madison and others will meet in Boston to discuss how ti give urban neighborhoods better access to healthy food. [Boston Globe]
NYC Subways Close For Health Regulations: A new report shows that 55 Subway restaurants in New York City have closed in the last five years for health regulations, more than any other chain. [New York Daily News]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts