Parents Support Healthy Vending Machines at Schools and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
- Parents Support Healthy Vending Machines in Schools and More News
- Americans Support Labeling Genetically Modified Food, and More News
- Is a Pizza Vending Machine Coming Soon to Your Hometown?
- 4th Grader Makes Documentary of School Lunches and More News
- Hand-Crank Vending Machine Perfect for Disasters, Workouts
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news around the food world.
More Support for Governmental Regulations in School Foods: Eighty percent of adults polled said they would support nutritional standards in school foods, including those in vending machines, the advocacy group Kids' Safe and Healthful Foods Project said. [FOX News]
Celebrity Chefs Make TIME's '100 Most Influential List': René Redzepi and José Andrés made the cut this year, the only two "foodies" to make the list. [LA Times]
Mayors Tackle Healthy Eating: Mayors from Baltimore, Indianapolis, Madison and others will meet in Boston to discuss how ti give urban neighborhoods better access to healthy food. [Boston Globe]
NYC Subways Close For Health Regulations: A new report shows that 55 Subway restaurants in New York City have closed in the last five years for health regulations, more than any other chain. [New York Daily News]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts