Packing Tips: What to Wear on Food-Loving Adventures
Think of these as recipes for staying stylish on gastronomic jaunts
Visiting wineries is both an indulgence and an education for travelers. Sipping pinot while listening to each vintner’s tales of "this red’s bouquet" or "that varietal’s best vintage" is like being back in school — except you want to be there and wine is part of the lesson. Just remember to use the spittoon if you’re driving.
What to Pack
Visiting wineries involves temperature extremes: air-conditioned tasting rooms and stifling hot outdoor vine tours.
- Tech: iPhone apps like Wine Wherever, Wine Notes, Snooth, and Drync
- Ladies: Flowy dress, jean jacket, hat
- Men: Shorts, henley shirt, cardigan
- Carry It: Roots Omer’s Pack-tribe backpack
- Extras: Picnic blanket, cheese and crackers to snack on between tastings
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).